Welcome Message

Feedback is welcome. If you see something that I am missing, you have a suggestion or just want to say hello, please comment.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Benko Gambit (3) trading into a winning endgame

Today’s blog entry is from an online turn-based tournament game. Black plays the Benko Gambit to counter White’s Queen Gambit. White forsakes development by moving his Knight 4 times in the first 7 moves, giving Black time to develop and control the board. White is on the defense and never gets his offense going.

The variations and move symbols are Houdini’s (1.5 w32), diagnosed with ‘Scid vs PC’ at 10 seconds per ply. The opening book reference is Stockfish. The verbal comments are my thoughts during the game and my interpretations of the analysis provided by Houdini. The score chart is at the bottom of this entry.



I’m starting to learn. In this game, I apply an intermezzo, forcing the opponent’s Knight to the edge of the board. I also develop with tempo, then recognize a winning endgame and trade down to it. There may be still be some hope for my improvement (said with a smile on my face).

No comments:

Post a Comment