Welcome Message

Feedback is welcome. If you see something that I am missing, you have a suggestion or just want to say hello, please comment.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Winning the Won Game (2), see previous post

Next time you see a position that is supposed to be winning: capture the position, transfer it to your favorite chess program, set the program at a rating higher than your own and play the winning position to see how to conclude the game. Then go back and repeat the exercise at an increased rating until you can win against it at full strength.

This is the position and move that Houdini found was winning (i.e. +2.83 at depth 21) in my last game post. Move #36 with White to play. I am playing against Shredder at full strength. Houdini thought that White's next move should be Bxh6, however the move I made wins nicely.


A very interesting exercise that I highly recommend to my readers. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ralph - I'll be passing through your neck of the woods on our way to Myrtle Beach. It looks like we'll be in Columbia Thursday night and Friday morning (21st/22nd).

    I thought I'd throw the idea out there of meeting to play a G/60 or something ... maybe Friday morning before we drive on to MB.

    Shoot me an email if you're interested ... rockyrook at hotmail dot com ... take care,

    ReplyDelete