Welcome Message

Feedback is welcome. If you see something that I am missing, you have a suggestion or just want to say hello, please comment.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Paleface Attack, lacking a sense of danger

It is discouraging. Last week winning most of my chessmaster games and against significantly higher rated opponents, then this week back-to-back losses against lower rated opponents. To make matters worse, both games had substantial leads that were blown by not recognizing danger signs.

Move 16...Nf4 should have alerted my sense of danger, the Knight being in my territory and one move away from checking my King. As a result a Queen sacrifice was needed just avoid checkmate.

Later in the game, the potential problems with a Black pawn storm was overlooked. I eventually fell victim to an elementary checkmate.


Lesson learned: Do NOT relax with a lead in material. That is where many determined players become most dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment