Welcome Message

Feedback is welcome. If you see something that I am missing, you have a suggestion or just want to say hello, please comment.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Blackmar-Diemer Gambit 5, daydreaming in the opening

Round #2 of our annual club championship. I was paired against a lower-ranked opponent and took a moment to decide if I should go with my newer BDG or play a more solid opening to wait for a mistake. Then, I was the one with the first mistake.


Lesson learned: Pay attention each and every move. The mind will play tricks on you if you don't.

P.S. For my readers who play gambits or for those who just want their opponents just as confused as they are in the opening, I found a marvelous chess site on 450 years of gambits:

http://studimonetari.org/edg/latex/indexpdf.html

Encyclopedia of Gambits has over 10,800 pdf pages of gambit info and is very nicely organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment