Welcome Message

Feedback is welcome. If you see something that I am missing, you have a suggestion or just want to say hello, please comment.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Paleface Attack (2), lead changes

The Paleface Attack is played for the transition to the Blackmar-Diemer Gambit. One of Chessmaster's positive attributes is that CM often varies early from book to try an offensive tactic, which keeps his opponent wary and expands the opening book knowledge. In this game 3...Nxe4 is a dubious Black counter-gambit but something that needs examining.

This game holds special interest for me. Although a few mistakes were made, none of them were really blunders. The mistakes were 2nd, 3rd & 4th choices of Houdini during game analysis. I had come to the conclusion that my major problem is consistency in analyzing threats, selecting moves & blunder-checking. So I am trying Self-Hypnosis to imprint my move selection method on my subconscious mind. This is a recent change and this game shows early promise.


Another thing about this game is that I enjoyed it more than most recent games. That may be the result of the self-hypnosis script. I certainly hope so.

I have also cut back on my chess study time (2 hours/day down to 1) to enjoy the summer weather. The time controls for this game are faster than normal for me. Game 20 plus a 20 second increment. This game took 42 minutes total time. My 750cc Yamaha Virago needs more time on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment