Welcome Message

Feedback is welcome. If you see something that I am missing, you have a suggestion or just want to say hello, please comment.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Paleface Attack (12), slow and steady

Since my ‘Winning the Won Game” series is so popular, I will be appending a complex ending below today’s game. Take the FEN and paste it into your favorite engine and try to repeat the win. It took several tries to win today’s endgame, so do not be easily discouraged. My opponent was Houdini set with 6 seconds of calculation time per move.

Today’s game is played against Chessmaster 10’s Ginger, a player rated 144 points higher than me, played at G45 + 3 sec./move. Ginger varies early from my opening repertoire, so I play cautiously, trying not to take many chances, but still pressing my early advantage. I am happy with this game as it shows that I can still play without making significant mistakes and/or blunders.

The variations and move symbols are Houdini’s (1.5 w32), diagnosed with ‘Scid vs PC’ at (increased to) 20 seconds per ply. The verbal comments are my thoughts during the game and my interpretations of the analysis provided by Houdini. The score chart is at the bottom of this entry.



I plan on continuing to supplement my OTB games with games against Chessmaster, steadily increasing the opponent’s rating.


FEN "8/8/8/k1p5/2P5/1K6/P7/8 w - -"

Happy holidays everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment