Welcome Message

Feedback is welcome. If you see something that I am missing, you have a suggestion or just want to say hello, please comment.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Paleface Attack (10), blown opportunities

Today’s blog entry is from an online tournament game. White again plays the Paleface Attack, hoping for the BDG, which Black avoids. White castles on the opposite side with the intention of launching an all-out attack on the Black King. White had a winning position, but badly misplayed the combination at move #20. Some of this is attributed to trying the SWOT thinking process, some to overconfidence in a winning position, and some to playing too quickly. In any event, it went bad very quickly.

The variations and move symbols are Houdini’s (1.5 w32), diagnosed with ‘Scid vs PC’ at 10 seconds per ply. The verbal comments are my thoughts during the game and my interpretations of the analysis provided by Houdini. The score chart is at the bottom of this entry.



After reviewing this game, I am abandoning my try with the SWOT thinking process and going back to Dan Heisman’s CCT (Check, Capture, Threat) method of move analysis.

 Also, after self-analysis of my recent play, I intent to play in the section dictated by my USCF rating in the 2013 club tournaments. Playing up gave me very few competitive games. Plus, I am not improving ... probably going the other direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment