Welcome Message

Feedback is welcome. If you see something that I am missing, you have a suggestion or just want to say hello, please comment.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Paleface Attack (11), lack of development

Today’s blog entry is from an online tournament game. White uses the Paleface Attack to transpose into the Blackmar-Diemer Gambit. Black lets two of his pieces remain on their starting squares. Black is essentially giving away odds of a Rook and a Bishop, which White capitalizes on before Black can complete his development.

The variations and move symbols are Houdini’s (1.5 w32), diagnosed with ‘Scid vs PC’ at (increased to) 20 seconds per ply. The verbal comments are my thoughts during the game and my interpretations of the analysis provided by Houdini. The score chart is at the bottom of this entry.



Thoughts on the coming new year:

I am scaling back my chess studies, planning on reducing my chess library by at least 75%. (How to dispose of 100+ chess books?) In addition, I am going to play next year in the section determined by my rating. I think the constant, negative reinforcement of losing so many games in the higher section has a detrimental effect on my game. I need to start enjoying chess again.

Playing online, turn-based games helps develop my openings, but the lack of continuity requires a different type of move analysis. Recollection of the thoughts in the previous moves are often faulty. I will continue to play these turn-based games and try to play ChessMaster games when my schedule permits to supplement the local club tournament games.

I bought a Nexus 7 tablet last month and found that I can do many chess activities on it, (i.e. giving me more access to daily ChessTempo tactic problems, etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment