Welcome Message

Feedback is welcome. If you see something that I am missing, you have a suggestion or just want to say hello, please comment.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Winning the Won Game (5), a better method

Next time you see a position that is supposed to be winning: capture the position, transfer it to your favorite chess program, set the program at a rating higher than your own and play the winning position to see how to conclude the game. Then go back and repeat the exercise at an increased rating until you can win against it at full strength.

The ending below is from a 2011 game of mine. I did find a winning path, but Houdini showed me a better method.


For the readers who wish to try this exercise, the FEN is:
8/8/1p3kpp/p1pp4/5PPP/1P1K4/1P6/8 b - -

Today is the 1st anniversary of my blog. 87 posts and 9,844 page views. Other than the USA, my audience is mostly from Brazil, Germany, Belgium, United Kingdom, Russia, India, Spain, Netherlands and France. I can recommend the blogging experience to all my viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment