Welcome Message

Feedback is welcome. If you see something that I am missing, you have a suggestion or just want to say hello, please comment.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Stafford Gambit 5, a lucky draw

Thursday night’s game at the chess club started with an unsound gambit line, then featured minor mistakes in the middle game, and some terrible endgame play from both players. I was lucky to get a draw!

My opponent played the White side of the Stafford Gambit with the recommended moves thru the opening. This gambit line always gives me trouble. If I cannot find a reasonable alternative, I may need to stop using the gambit entirely. Research is in progress.


Lessons learned: (1) Fix or discard this gambit. (2) Obviously, my multi-pawn endgame needs work.

P.S. Following my recommendation from my last post, I will practice from my opponent’s position with the white pieces:
8/6B1/k1pp3p/p4Pp1/P3b1P1/7P/2P5/2K5 w - - 0 36

No comments:

Post a Comment