Welcome Message

Feedback is welcome. If you see something that I am missing, you have a suggestion or just want to say hello, please comment.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Veresov Attack 3

Lost again. I entered the game full of confidence that my intense studies during the last 3 months would pay some dividends. I was paired against our club’s young lion, the 'most improved' trophy winner in 2010 & 2011 who had a 380 rating point advantage.

My clock usage was fair with 25 moves/46 minutes in a G90 game. Other areas of the game were not so good. This variation of the Veresov has promise.

Lessons learned: (1) Complete development before initiating complications. (2) Early castling is important for King safety. (3) Thoroughly examine the opponents threats, especially in the heat of battle. (4) Look for Checks, Captures & Threats, in that order.

No comments:

Post a Comment