Welcome Message

Feedback is welcome. If you see something that I am missing, you have a suggestion or just want to say hello, please comment.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Indian Defense, a king hunt

Today’s blog entry is from an online tournament game. I played the same first 4 moves as the Philidor and the Old Indian, trying to keep my opening memorization simple. White neglects his development and tries for a simple attack when Black has no weaknesses. I overlooked the first two tactical opportunities, playing for and executing the third opportunity. A simple win against an assumed relative beginner.

 The variations and move symbols are Houdini’s (1.5 w32), diagnosed with ‘Scid vs PC’ at 10 seconds per ply. The verbal comments are my thoughts during the game and my interpretations of the analysis provided by Houdini. The score chart is at the bottom of this entry.



I am planning on going back to games against Chessmaster10 so that the games will be more competitive. Most online games seem to be against beginners or experts (maybe the expertise comes from silicon help). Weekly OTB club tournament games mostly pair me against an opponent that is much higher rated. These games are not helping me improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment