Welcome Message

Feedback is welcome. If you see something that I am missing, you have a suggestion or just want to say hello, please comment.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Fritz 12 Sparring 2

I did not have a game last Thursday at the club. An occasional visitor had driven ~50 miles and arrived after the pairings. I gave him my spot, so that his trip was not for naught. Instead of a rated game, I'll share another computer game (the analysis is Fritz'):

Lesson learned: advice, which I am trying to follow, from 'Chess for Zebras' by Jonathan Rowson
"If you want to get better at chess you need to place much less emphasis on 'study' whereby you increase your knowledge of positions, and place more emphasis on 'training,' whereby you try to solve problems, play practice games, or perhaps try to beat a strong computer program from an advantageous position."

No comments:

Post a Comment