Welcome Message

Feedback is welcome. If you see something that I am missing, you have a suggestion or just want to say hello, please comment.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Budapest Gambit 3

The 4th round of the South Carolina Championship will not be posted. It was an early draw and an even game until the draw position. My opponent opened with the King's Indian Attack and I defended as black.
This game is from our club. It was played against the same opponent as "Budapest Gambit 2" and I did not fare much better.

Lessons learned: (1) Now I see why the book move #6 is better. It prevents the Queenside complications.
(2)Though my tactics have improved, they were inferior to a player of this class. Be careful when pinning a piece that can win somewhere else, it may result in a discovery for your opponent.

No comments:

Post a Comment