Welcome Message

Feedback is welcome. If you see something that I am missing, you have a suggestion or just want to say hello, please comment.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Bird’s Opening (9), trading endgame errors

Today’s blog entry is from round 3 of the second Lowry GP. The game is played with the clock set to 65 minutes. Both of us had won the games in rounds 1 & 2, so this game would decide the tournament. I opened with my usual Bird and Black took me out of book early.

We fought evenly for 30 moves before my game started deteriorating. As we moved into a complex endgame, we both made mistakes, but none of them would give me a winning opportunity. My resignation was prompted by the impending promotion of Black’s last pawn.

The two charts below detail the game.  The first covering the first half of the game, the second covering the whole game.

No comments:

Post a Comment