Welcome Message

Feedback is welcome. If you see something that I am missing, you have a suggestion or just want to say hello, please comment.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Philidor Defense (15), imbalanced line

Today’s blog entry is a Chessmaster 10 game. This is the closest any opponent has come to the tricky Hanham Philidor line that leaves Black down significantly in material, but with a large lead in development. It would have been more instructional if CM would have followed book and entered the variation. Maybe next time (sigh).

1 comment:

  1. Nice game....I only ever see this variation Bxf7, Nxf7 in blitz, and although ( as Black ) I know it isn't terminal, its still quite tense in a blitz game !

    In my game, I played 9...c6 rather h6, and White opted not to exchange.

    ReplyDelete