Welcome Message

Feedback is welcome. If you see something that I am missing, you have a suggestion or just want to say hello, please comment.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Thought Process Error

This is the Hobbs-Zilbermints Gambit response to the Bird Opening. Fritz’s book only extends 7 ply deep. My opponent, a strong Bird player, did not think the gambit was sound. My belief is that most openings are sound at the class level. I will let Fritz12 and Shredder11 search for better continuations for the next opportunity to play this gambit.
The game was lost at move #14, but my gracious opponent was not upset when I played on for the experience.

Lesson learned: Blunder check! 3 recent games were lost with hung pieces and one missed win due to this error in my thinking process. If it is not corrected, a swift return to class E is in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment