Welcome Message

Feedback is welcome. If you see something that I am missing, you have a suggestion or just want to say hello, please comment.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Queen’s Indian Defense, practice game

Today’s blog entry is from my daily practice regimen. Black is the Phalanx chess engine set to play at 1300. At this level, Black plays tactically, but does not make elementary blunders (like leaving a piece en prise). The disconcerting part of playing this opponent is that Black moves within seconds. This triggers an impulse to reply at the same speed.

The practice games permit work on my thought process, tactical play and opening repertoire. My intent is to solidify my game and gradually increase Phalanx’s ELO. Black’s 2nd move in today’s game was not a line that I had previously studied, so it presented an opportunity to research and chose an offense compatible with my other White lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment